Friday, June 17, 2011

Having Hopes and Patiently Waiting

Romans 8:25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

 I have been hoping for several things.  I hope to marry one day and have children, I hope and pray that my dreams will come to fruition soon, I hope and believe to get out of debt real soon.  I hope poverty and hunger is alleviated.  I hope to go GIA (Gemological Institute of America) for my G.G. certificate.  You get the point.  But there is a problem I have.  Patience!  I’ve been waiting for years for my dreams to come to pass and at times I feel as if I’ve been patient enough.   It got to the point where I almost completely gave up on my dreams but God would not let me.  There are still some issues I am struggling with with one of my dreams that has to be settled.  But God!  I had to re-learn how to be patient and wait on God’s timing.  It is not easy and at times I get frustrated but I’m still waiting on God!

They say patience is a virtue.  Do you have this virtue?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment