Monday, October 19, 2009

What are your Goals???

GOALS – ACHIEVABLE, ATTAINABLE!!!

Over the past two years, I have been coming across a lot of articles and writings about putting your goals in writing. Some say to write down your goals and the steps to be taken to achieve your goals. Others say to just write them down and don’t worry about how you are going to achieve them but just keep reviewing your goals and “you will become more conscious to what you want to achieve and you will take ACTION.” Then there are the ones who say to write down your five year goals, one year goals, six month goals and three month goals. Monthly goals, weekly goals and daily goals.

Well I’ve done them all. The five/four year goals, yearly goals, six month and three month goals and monthly goals. And I try to review my list (s) of goals/desires/wishes every week.

Out of the 30 goals that I wanted to achieve and/or do for the year 2009, so far I have only reached 5!!! I’ve starting losing weight, exercising 3-5 times per week, eating healthier, get togethers with friends, and increased my volunteering. Here are the 25 I have yet to reach:
7 night 8 day vacation @ Walt Disney World at the Swan Hotel
a shopping tour to Italy in November 2009
Operating LKG Designs Inc (my jewelry design firm) successfully
Become debt-free!!!
Increase savings account, house fund and fun fund
Lunch or dinner at Bobby Flay’s Mesa Grill restaurant
3 spa days
lunch or dinner at the Legal Seafood restaurant
attend social/business networking meetups
explore NYC- Soho, Harlem, Greenwich Village
a Movado watch – Esperanza style
a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes
a trip to Seattle to visit family
a black EPI leather Louis Vuitton Alma handbag
Monthly breakfast. Lunch and/or dinner with my Mommy
Get togethers with certain family and family acquaintances
A ferry ride to Fire Island
A trip on the Circle Line around Manhattan and on the Beast jetboat around Manhattan
Have my hair done every four weeks
Have manicure/pedicure every two weeks
A trip to Charlotte, NC
A gemology course
A beading course
To see The Lion King on Broadway


In addition, I have yet to find a fulltime position as a Personal Assistant/Concierge at my desired salary with bonus and benefits!!!
I started getting frustrated and disappointed that I have only reached five of these goals and because the ones that I wanted to happen at a certain time didn’t happen. Then I realized that the year is not over yet and that they can still happen. I have approximately two and a half months left. With God All Things Are Possible!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment