Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Snuggle, Snuggle, Comfy, Comfy...

Last Wednesday evening, as the rain fell in comforting drops on the ground, I snuggled in my bed with my PJs on under a warm comforter with a hot cup of tea, biscotti from Starbucks and a smileJ. The heat hissed through the radiator while the wind blew the blinds through the open window. I had no cares or worries, my mind was at ease, and I just entered into the relaxing moment.

Fall/Autumn is upon us and I love it. I love bundling up against the cold outside, wearing that favorite, broken-in sweater and/or jacket, the thick warm socks or tights, a colorful scarf wrapped around the neck. Driving with the heat comfortably blowing out the vents while the red, yellow, brown and orange leaves whirl around the car.

But my favorite moment is snuggling in my bed and/or in that favorite comfortable chair while listening to the outside and/or reading a good book. Get a cup of tea, coffee or hot chocolate, some shortbread cookies, biscotti, a piece of cake, a cupcake, a piece of pie, a danish and enter into the moment. I close my bedroom door, get into my pajamas or loungewear, and dive into a freshly made bed with the sheets and comforter smelling like powder, perfume or the “fresh country air” laundry detergent I used to wash.

Sometimes I fall asleep and at other times I praise God, thanking Him for the beautiful, peaceful moment. M soul is at ease and I am free.

You can be snuggly, snuggly, comfy, comfy on those gray Saturday mornings (with a breakfast sandwich from the local deli) and/or Sunday afternoons. With your spouse you can be snuggly, snuggly, comfy, comfy. And with your family, at the kitchen table or in the family room (with the fireplace going), enjoying each other’s company and the relaxing moment, watching television, reading, chatting or just lounging.

Snuggle, snuggle, comfy, comfy…Relax, Relate, Release!!!

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7.

No comments:

Post a Comment