Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Beautiful Morning...God's glory!!!

This morning I was forced to get up at 7:30am. I was not happy about this but they were putting on a new roof on the apartment building where I live. So, I got out of bed, bathed, prepared some things for my breakfast and my mobile office (tote bag and pocketbook and sweater), closed the windows and headed out the door. After making a quick errand, I stopped by McDonalds for an order of hotcakes ($0.99 Mon - Fri), gassed up the car and drove to the marina.

The marina at the end of Clinton Avenue in Bayshore is one of my favorite places. I parked my car facing the water, prepared my pancakes with butter and homemade apple compote and enjoyed God's gift of nature with a hot cup of peppermint

One of the most beautiful displays of God that I seen was the sun glistening on the water. It was so calming and peaceful to behold. The sky was blue with a few wispy clouds and the birds were flying and hanging out in the parking lot. There was a boat slowing making its way out into the water and another speeding west. There were other cars parked at the marina as well and people strolling the boardwalk around the marina. I seen a woman on a three wheel bicycle with a child in back, a man and a woman on a double bicycle and people power walking and exercising. Some type of work was being done on the sand in the beach area which usually happens either before the summer.

After finishing my breakfast, I just sat and watched the happenings at the marina for a while. Finally I got out the car to dispose of my breakfast trash and decided to take a little stroll down the boardwalk on the water side to the walkway between two of the parking lots to the boardwalk where the boats are moored (I ended up right in front of my dream boat with the name "It's All Good") then back across another parking lot to my car.

O what a beautiful morning. Praise God! Thank you Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment