Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Relaxing Moments...with a hot cup of Tea!!!

I love tea!!! Green tea, cranberry & apple tea, peppermint tea regular Lipton tea....I just love tea. I'm not addicted like some coffee drinkers are who need at least two cups of coffee in order to start their day. My tea drinking is mostly for relaxing, comforting moments. I will admit that I do drink a cup of tea to start my day, but it is more out of habit than for the caffeine.
One of my favorite places to sit and enjoy a cup of hot tea (especially with shortbread cookies, danishes, cake or cupcakes) is at the dining room table in the apartment where I live. I microwave a cup of water or boil it in a pot or tea kettle on the stove, take out the tea bag of the tea I desire to sip, take out a few shortbread cookies, and set the dining table with a little place setting of a teacup, saucer, napkin and spoon. Once the water is ready, I make my tea, either add sugar (sometimes honey and/or lemon), place the cup on the saucer, sit down, say grace (Thank you Jesus) and just relax.
Sip, dunk cookie in tea or take a bit of danish/cake/cupcake, sip, listen to the outside, listen to my surroundings and/or listen to my thoughts, read a book, magazine or paper or just stare at the wall and enjoy the moment.
Morning, afternoon and/or evening, I make it a point to have a relaxing moment with a hot cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment